Sunday, October 07, 2012

A new card

Feels like forever since I've been busy with paper.  Obviously it's been forever since I blogged!  Trying to get back into it and do some challenges.  So - here's a quick birthday card for a friend who likes bears as much as I do.
  • The photo I took at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center a couple months ago.  Threw it threw some filters and adjustments in Photoshop and printed on plain white cardstock to give it a more artsy look.
  • The background of the card is smudged with Distress Ink - Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap.  I really like mixing colors, it generally adds a lot more interest and dimension than a single color will.
  • The quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson, cut out with Nesties Labels 4, and I trimmed the top and bottom to make it fit.
  • For the quote block, I couldn't find my ink blenders so I used an alcohol ink felt thingy and just dabbed the ink on - I love the spattered effect.  Salty Ocean and Squeezed Lemonade are probably my two favorite Distress Ink colors so I'm really happy they're becoming permanent!!
  • A crystal brad, some foam adhesive dots, and it's a card!

0 comments:

Post a Comment