Sunday, September 26, 2010

Playing with my new camera

I finally got a new camera this month.  My old point-and-shoot was starting to add a pink tint to everything - fine when you're photographing flamingos, but that's about it.  After lots of thinking and even more research, I upgraded to a "real" camera, a Canon Rebel T2i and wow, do I have a lot to learn.

Wanted to share some of my first pics, and the fun I've been having with them in Photoshop.  This is a wild Montana rose that we have growing in a pot.  (My DH is the gardener, I have no skill.)




The rosebud was taken with the macro setting, but just a regular lens.  In Photoshop I applied Ila France's Ephemeral action, and a texture from Shadowhouse Creations called Prehistoric.  On the leaves I used the Small World action from Coffeeshop and the Soft Grunge texture from Shadowhouse.

Do check out these freebie resources if you're not familiar with them, these are very generous people.  And Jerry from Shadowhouse just lost his job, so make sure to buy him a beer if you can (or better yet, a whole six-pack).

2 comments:

Melissa Deming said...

We love Jerry! So sweet of you to share his site!

Shirley said...

These photographs are totally awesome. I need you to give me a Photoshop Elements.

Post a Comment