Saturday, July 03, 2010

Stickles storage - UPDATED with a PNG download

I've been looking for the right container to store my Stickles in, and today I found it.  The Container Store Long Handy Box, 12"w x 4"l x 3.75"h, and only $3.99!  With my insert it will hold 33 Stickles bottles - upside down and NEATLY!  It's cheap plastic, but whaddaya want for four bucks - it's the right size and shape and the top handle folds down flush so it's somewhat stackable should you happen to need more than one.

The first thing you notice is that I obviously need more Stickles!



(The blue dots are nailpolish - Finger Paints Blissfully Blue, in fact - to indicate the bottle is a Distress Stickles.)



For the insert I designed a simple slotted construction in Funtime and cut it out with my Boss Kut Gazelle from plain cardstock - it doesn't need to be very substantial but use a heavier weight cardstock or even a thin cardboard.  Download the free WPC file I created for this box.  It's such a simple design that I place no restrictions on this file, except to state that there is no commercial use (honestly - if you want to make money off this surely you can come up with something better), and of course I do appreciate comments and links back to this post.

UPDATE:  For those of you who don't use Funtime, I now have for you a PNG file of the box insert.  Because of the length of the box, this needs to be printed on an 8.5" x 12" paper.  How do you get paper that size?  Easy!  Take a plain piece of 12x12 cardstock and trim 3.5" off one side.  You'll need to print two copies - you only need 2 of the long pieces but you need 10 of the small ones.  To be honest, I have not tested this file because I hate cutting by hand - please let me know if you have any problems with it.

13 comments:

bethany said...

You're awesome Girlfriend!!!!

Kas said...

Cool idea!

Shirley said...

This is great storage and I love the freebies you're giving away.

France said...

Love this idea... I was just wondering how I could store mine upside down... Can you tell me where you purchased your container???

Helen said...

I have been looking for the perfect way to store my stickles upside down in a box that I have, so I'm so excited about this idea! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! That's what I love about the crafting world, that everybody is so willing to share their ideas! Thank you!

Shanarun said...

Great idea! Thanks for the template! :) When I get organized -I'll give a shout out-link back from my blog. :)

Suzzi said...

This is great and was wondering if you could tell me more about Funtime, I never heard of it.

Thanks in advance.

Jenny said...

Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Joani said...

What a great idea! My Mom is called "Glitter Rose" because she uses glitter, mainly stickles on everything. This is perfect for her to hold all of her little bottles, thank you!
Hugs,
Joani

teamaldrich said...

Love this! Bought my box yesterday. Downloaded file, but unable to open? Suggestions/further instruction appreciated. TIA!

Sandi M said...

Nice idea and now that Tim is coming out with a whole new set of distress stickles there will be more to buy for your container :)

Pat said...

Ideal! I love cheap! I do not have many Stickles, but am waiting for the new ones to hit the market. Now, if I just had a container store nearby!

Hugs,
Pat

Lim said...

I love this idea but I can't open the link for the dividers. Any suggestion?
Hugs,
LIM

Post a Comment