Monday, July 05, 2010

A new LO and an old-fashioned trunk cutting file - UPDATED with a PNG download

Finally got back into scrapping today after a long period of card-making (I'll post some next week).  We got tickets to the Antiques Roadshow last year; they don't allow photography so I had to rely on the ephemera, the journalling, pics of the appraisers from the Roadshow website, and pics that I took later of our treasures (such as they are, it was not a get-rich-quick moment, lol).


I used my Gazelle for the title, of course, with some Distress ink to add a little interest.  But I'm proudest of the little trunk in the corner.

I copied the trunk image from the Roadshow website logo, cleaned it up, and turned it into a free WPC file which you can download here.  (Feel free to use for any not-for-profit personal project and alter as you see fit; a link back to me would be nice.)  I drew around the edge with a Sakura Glaze pen, added the brass nailhead detail with a Sakura gold pen, then a little smudge of Distress Walnut Stain ink around the edge and in the center. I think it would be cute on an LO of a little girl playing dress-up, or even turned into a pirate's treasure chest!

UPDATE:  For those of you who don't use Funtime, I exported the treasure chest to a PNG file for you to download.   Enjoy!

1 comments:

Shirley said...

Kara, I've already told you I love the LO, but the trunk didn't show up nearly as well in the first picture I saw. I love your suggestions for it, too.

Post a Comment